Dear Ward 1 & 2 Residents and Parents,
My name is Adam Dossa and I am a very concerned Father with a young child in the Calgary Public Education system.
Like many of you, I am concerned about the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) and their constant attack on Parental rights, choice in Education and the fiscally irresponsible behaviour putting anincreased burden on parents in this very difficult time.
Spending is out of control, fees are increasing and transportation issues are placing families in a very difficult situation. Students have been unable to obtain the school quality they deserve midst the lockdowns. Instead of just sitting around and yelling at my TV, radio and social media, I have decided to run for Trustee for the CBE. I am putting our children first. I am officially registered as a candidate for our area and will appear on the ballot on October 18, 2021.I need your vote to get elected so I can bring Parental Rights, Transparency, School Choice andfiscally responsibility back to our school board.
HERE ARE SOME QUICK FACTS:
- In May 2020, the CBE was audited for running a shortfall. The Education Minister ordered thisbecause of “reckless misuse of taxpayer dollars”. The release of the audit comes as the board deliberates its latest $1.37 billion budget, left a deficit of $62 million despite proposed cuts,increased fees which forced the province to offer an additional $20.6 million in funding.
- When compared to other school boards, the CBE has the highest administrative costs.
- In 2010-11, the board trustees locked themselves into an expensive, 20-year office lease in which they are paying more than it would cost them to purchase the building.
It is clear that the current group of school board trustees are not fiscally responsible.
- Fiscal Responsibility - We need financial stewards that will stop having shortfalls.
- Stop The Blame Game - All levels of government are struggling with revenues and the CBE consistently blames the provincial government (no matter who is in power) rather than takingresponsibility.
- Parental Consent - I strongly oppose any policy or law which bypasses parental consent andinterferes with the parent/child bond. Parents know what is best for their child; not government,bureaucrats or activists. Parents MUST be included in all discussions regarding their childrenexcept in rare and unique circumstances, in which case schools are obliged to involve otherresources such as social services. As primary caregivers of their children, parents must beinformed, involved, consulted, and notified. This is in the interest of the child’s safety.
- School Choice - In the province of Alberta, there is tremendous diversity found amongstfamilies. Our diversity is what helps make our province strong! For this reason there must be avariety of options available to every parent when they are looking for the best placement for theeducation of their children. Freedom to attend a public school, a faith-based school, anindependent school or to home school should always remain a choice. There are many reasonswhy children may attend a certain school. Children learn best and families flourish where thereis choice.
- Standardized Testing - Standardized testing such as the Canadian Test for Basic Skills and Diploma examinations ensures a set of basic educational skills is being met by students.
These are just some of my solutions, but, I want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU CAN DO! – You can help in the following ways:
- Tell me your concerns by filling out a survey
- Donate - I rely on people like you for my financial support and any amount will help in this campaign in Putting Our Children First. Please donate now
- Volunteer - I need help door knocking, working the phones, dropping literature, and more
- You can call me at 403-629-6918 or email Adam@TakeBackTheCBE.ca to get involved
Adam Dossa has lived in Calgary most of his life and is 29 years of age. Adam has one child and currently resides in the community of Royal Oak.
Adam Dossa graduated from Lord Beaverbrook High School, took Legal Studies at Chinook College in 2010, received his Marketing Diploma from T. Harv Ekers Millionaire Mind in 2010 and has received training for the Canadian Leadership Institute (CLI).
Adam Dossa has important private sector experience from Investor relations with Brazil Investments, Assistant Manager for Balloon-A-Grams/Balloon Boutique, was the Executive Director of the Progressive Group for Independent Business (PGIB) Saskatchewan. Currently, Adam is the owner of Mobile Today Ltd which does cell phone accessories and technical support.
Mr. Dossa has also volunteered on several campaigns including, but, not limited to MLA Ric McIver, former MLA Rick Fraser, former MLA Jon Lord, former City Councillor Shane Keating, City Councillor Peter Demong and Dr. Leslyn Lewis in her bid to become leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. Leslyn Lewis won all four Western provinces and the popular vote on the second ballot.
Public School Board Trustee Candidate Ward 1 & 2